Adult Mentoring Education Network
Founded in August 2015 to assist adult women:
We link women and men with needed resources that help manage their economic, job placement, career and housing challenges.
To assist women and men who are motivated to transition out of difficult social situations that affect their work, finances, health and physical, mental or spiritual wellbeing.
WHO WE SERVE:
We serve women and men who have experienced separation, abandonment, widowhood and other difficult life-altering challenges. These circumstances may limit their ability to obtain affordable housing, jobs that pay a livable wage, and create other problems that destabilize their housing, financial, physical, and/or spiritual wellbeing.
OUR CORE VALUES:
- We respect environments that stabilize participants in a clean, safe, secure, and positive setting.
- We support housing, work and educational environments that are drug, smoke, and alcohol free, where abusive, threatening or vulgar language, and aggressive acts are not tolerated.
- We value formal and informal education channels, support lifelong learning, a strong work ethic, and healthy, positive, and financially secure lifestyles.
- We respect people who are motivated to succeed and who choose to serve their communities.
WHAT WE PROVIDE:
- We provide weekly Supportive Services programs such as life skills, financial literacy, job searches, computer literacy, and healthy lifestyle awareness.
- We provide temporary housing for women that is comfortably priced and aligned to the area in which they will live.
- We link participants to affordable housing companies that support the needs of women in transition.
- We support and encourage personal engagement in the community with our volunteer and gifting efforts.